From a budget friendly family trip to Disneyland, to enjoying the fresh ocean breeze in Santa Monica or even hiking to the breathtaking Hollywood sign viewpoint, there are so many entertaining things to do in Los Angeles to save money while traveling.
No wonder Los Angeles is voted the number one city to visit among the travelers and also the top 10 most expensive cities to live in the US.
Los Angeles is a city that has it all! Let’s find some fun things to do in Los Angeles to save money while traveling!
Table of Contents
How much does it cost to go to Los Angeles for a week?
According to the statistics, the average cost per person to travel in Los Angeles is close to $200 per day. As a result, the cost of a trip to Los Angeles for one week is around $1,300 per person, which includes food, accommodations, transportation and entertainment.
Sounds like we need to find affordable things to do in Los Angeles to save money while traveling!
Things To Do In Los Angeles To Save Money While Traveling
The best part about exploring new places is that there are numerous things to do in Los Angeles to save money while traveling.
First of all, if you are planning to see the annual Rose Parade on New Year’s Day, it’s best to plan your trip to Los Angeles from March to May or also between September and November.
Where To Stay in Los Angeles on a Budget
Don’t plan on finding a cheap stay in Los Angeles through Airbnb, it is like finding a diamond in the beach sand.
Because of heavy traffic, it’s best to plan according to your trip. Decide where to stay in Los Angeles on a budget based on your travel checklist. You can easily save about 30%~40% and stay at hotels under $100 a night.
- Hotel near the beach: Long Beach Hotel is near the beach and also about 18 miles away from Downtown Los Angeles. Stay the night with 40% off and enjoy the fascinating Aquarium of the Pacific, which is less than three miles from the hotel and also the Queen Mary.
- Hotel near Disneyland: Are you are planning to visit Disneyland with the whole family this trip? Stay at a hotel near Disneyland for under $100 a night with easy parking for going to the theme parks. FIY, it is located across from Disneyland California Adventure Park.
- Hotel near Hollywood: Near Hollywood, there are so many historical theaters and also the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame. Stay at a hotel near Hollywood for $89 a night and enjoy the Hollywood Bowl and even go shopping at unique clothing boutiques on Melrose Avenue.
- Hotel near the mountains: From the Rose Bowl flea market to hiking the San Gabriel Mountains, there are plenty of reasons to find a hotel near the mountains. Enjoy the historical Old Town Pasadena with over 300 shops and restaurants.
Instead of Airport Shuttle Bus, Get $15 Off By Using Uber
Being stuck in heavy rush hour traffic during a morning commute to go anywhere in Los Angeles is a nightmare. There are plenty of Uber rides near Hollywood Bowl, Disneyland and the beach cities that’ll get you in and out of town much quicker.
Simply activate the latest coupon code from Uber and get $15 off your first ride in Los Angeles .
Rent A Car For $5 To Drive Around Los Angeles
Having a car when staying in Downtown Los Angeles is not very convenient. But if you are planning to cruise around PCH and visit the local beach cities, then rent a car for $5 to drive around Los Angeles.
If you are visiting Orange County or West LA, there are plenty of parking spaces. A rental car makes it easier and more convenient to get to places without a hassle.
You can find taco restaurants and food trucks all over the city. Los Angeles locals love tacos. It’s the cheapest, easiest and most delicious meal that every visitors must try.
The greatest part of all, you can get cash back on the best cheap tacos in Los Angeles.
- In Downtown Los Angeles: If you are looking for a variety of taco flavors such as hemp-infused tortillas and vegetarian options, grab this fresh fried tacos and get 20% cash back.
- Near West Los Angeles: When you are near west Los Angeles, grab this handmade tortilla with outstanding salsas.
- Near East Los Angeles: This place is near east Los Angeles and is voted among top 5 in the city by food writer Jonathan Gold. With more than 40 years of history, grab 18% off traditional Mexican food.
- Near South Los Angeles: Opened 24-hours, seven days a week, eat authentic corn tortillas tacos during late night hours near south Los Angeles.
Free Things To Do In Los Angeles
Not all things to do in Los Angeles have to break your bank. There are also fun and unique free things to do in Los Angeles. Save money when traveling by enjoying these entertaining activities:
- Stargaze at Griffith Observatory
- Explore L.A.’s Fashion District
- Cruise Mulholland Drive
- Walk Along Olvera Street
- Downtown L.A. Art Walk
- First Fridays at Abbot Kinney
- Sepulveda Basin Wildlife Reserve
- Lighthouse at Point Fermin Park
- Overlook Palisades Park
- Cruise Venice Boardwalk
- People Watch at 3rd Street Promenade
From accommodation, to food and entertainment, it is not easy to plan exciting things to do in Los Angeles to save money while traveling. Start with this travel checklist featuring things to do in Los Angeles to save money while traveling. You will experience true value and get to enjoy fun activities just like the locals do.
What’s your favorite things to do in Los Angeles to save money while traveling?
Share your money saving tips with us!